The selection of a perfect HMS which is completely in line with the hospital’s work line is a massive decision IT managers have to take. There is a lot of software available in the market with varied and latest features.
An elaborate market study and proper comparison are required to make the right choice which has to be backed up by proper research on the current workflow pattern of the hospital. In addition to this, the new software has to be compliant with the local rules and regulations too.
Let us take a look at 5 of the popular HMS systems in the Middle East region that covers UAE, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain.
Best 8 HMS Systems
Insta by Practo is a hospital information system that helps healthcare centers from single-center specialty clinics to multi-center hospitals to increase revenue, optimize productivity, streamline operations, and reduce inventory leakages. Insta by Practo is a clinic and hospital management software, empowering providers since 2008, with 18K+ active daily users, at 1250+ centers and across 22 countries they claim to have a very high customer retention rate.
- Provides everything under one platform
- The report builder and the updations they do regularly to improve the performance
- User-friendly, easy to use, reports
- Some basic loopholes are there which need to be addressed
MEDAS is a web-based medical representative reporting software with the capabilities to manage nursing and doctor’s workbench, e-prescription, and treatment plan management. complete healthcare software solution provider company established in 2008 and now is a part of UNISIS Group.
Simple to use, intuitive, intelligent and integrated Hospital Information System. Simplex HIMES is a comprehensive Clinic management system in UAE serving locations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc
- Application is flexible
- Ease of use
- Absolute value for money
- Setting certain masters are a bit complicated.
- Integration is an area that needs some focus.
Cerner Corporation operates as a supplier of healthcare information technology solutions. The Company offers health management, research, device connectivity, and strategic consulting services. It is an American supplier of health information technology (HIT) services, devices, and hardware. Its products are in use at more than 27,000 facilities around the world. The company had more than 28,000 employees globally, with over 13,000 in Kansas City, Missouri. Its headquarters are in the suburb of North Kansas City, Missouri.
- It is very organized and all clinical orders are separated by classification
- Offer both on-site and off-site hosting.
- There are many areas of powerchart that are very repetitive
- longer data entry time
- The need for too many clicks to perform an action.
- Radiology & Imaging Information System, PACS Support
- Purchase, Inventory Management & Consumption Tracking
- Appointment Management
- Patient Records Management
- Pharmacy Information System (Drugs, Opticals)
- Lab Information System
- Doctor Consultation & Electronic Medical Record
Datamate Mediware is one of the best Hospital Management software that helps you provide the safest and highest-quality care to the patients. It can be achieved with appropriate expertise and effective policies in the hospital to manage and reduce errors. Datamate Mediware is a hospital billing software that can take care of radiology appointments, radiology workstations, document scans, radiology reports, and so on with its radiology module.
- Hospital flow in a single unit
- Covering all modules
- Effective healthcare analytics.
- Appointment management system.
- Appointment Management
- Bed census management system
- Accounts management system.
- Patient Records Management
- Physician Scheduling
Cloudpital gives a cost-effective solution for managing the information system of the healthcare industry, based on entirely patient-centered solutions. This hospital management information system (HMIS) is a software suite to suffice all the needs of the healthcare industry, related to managing effective automation of record systems, accounts information, medical records, inventory functions, inter-departmental operability and effective administration.
- Fast Easily configurable, Innovative features.
- fully integrated and flexible hospital management software that delivers immense flexibility and Improves efficiency.
- Reduce workload, Boost performance.
- It sometimes takes few seconds to start and it may be better if the software deploys within 1 second or less.
Tendercare Institute of Medical Informatics, founded in 1990 and is considered a pioneer when it comes to medical software is the only company focused on this specific segment. Led by Dr. Naval Kishore, a pediatrician with many other doctors from different specialties such as Internal Medicine, Psychiatry Surgery Anesthesia Radiology Gynecology Orthopedics Microsoft Certified Professionals Networking Specialists.
Safecare Technology is a one-stop shop for various Healthcare solutions requirements. A web-based, end-to-end hospital management solution. Modules include pharmacy, billing, scheduling, and nursing
Out of the 5 Hospital Management Softwares which are equally good, it is hard to find the best one out of the lot.
Considering the seamless integrations, great after-sale customer support, training offered, quality insurance management, revenue cycle management, and a highly satisfied customer base, my personal preference would be Insta by Practo.
Check out the free demo they offer and see for yourself the wonderful features they offer which you can make use of for efficient hospital management.